According to people mag Kimora’s girls will get 40 K a month in child support 20K each until they turn 19. In addition to that the divorce settlement also gives them a new car every 3 yrs once they turn 16. Russel has been granted visitation every 7th week of the school year and various holidays. It seems like they worked this out amicably. Djimon pay attention! Lol…..
Remember new episodes of “The Game” airs March 13th–entitled “Punk A** Chauncey”
With a gold album and a Grammy nomination already under his belt, The Dream is set to release his sophmore LP entitled Love Vs. Money on March 10th. Come and see him perform live at The Imperial (17 West 19th Street ( b. 5th & 6th Av )) this Thursday.
Domestic violence knows no color, income level, gender or religion. And people, don’t assume that all abuse is strictly physical. In fact, Dr. Oliver Williams, executive director of the Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American Community, says, “Many women say that the physical scars usually heal but the emotional scars are often much harder to recover from.” Read on for more signs of domestic violence from Johnica Reed of My Sister’s Place, a shelter for battered women and their children in Washington, D.C., and useful suggestions for getting the help you need.
Do you know the signs?
• You are afraid of your partner’s temper.
• You are afraid to disagree with your partner.
• Your partner controls your finances.
• You are unable to go out, get a job, or go to school without his permission.
• You have to justify everything you do, every place you go, and every person you see to avoid his temper.
• You neglect friends or family because of your partner’s jealousy.
• You have been wrongly and repeatedly accused of flirting or having sex with others.
• You have been frightened by your partner’s violence towards others.
• You have been hit, kicked, shoved, or had things thrown at you.
• Your partner often criticizes your clothes, friends and other personal choices.
According to Reed, there are three common phases of abuse
“Many people think that if a partner shows attention, although it is negative attention, that an investment is being made in them,” warns Dr. Williams. Ladies, heed the warning signs early and seek help as soon as possible. For assistance with an abuser in your home or the home of a loved one, contact your local domestic violence shelter, advises Dr. Williams. Ask them to help you develop a safety plan.
In Touch has confirmed that Rihanna has not pressed charges against her alleged attacker, Chris Brown, as of now:
“We do not have enough evidence and there have been no charges filed on the Chris Brown case,” a spokesperson in the Los Angeles DA’s office tells In Touch. But Chris is not necessarily out of hot water, even if Rihanna never files charges. “If the state gathers up enough evidence, we will press charges with or without her testifying. It is not up to the victim.” With a March 5 arraignment date set in LA for Chris, 19, In Touch has also learned that Rihanna does not have to make an appearance at the courthouse. “She will not have to show up during the arraignment,” the spokesperson says.
The only way Rihanna will be forced to face Chris is if the case, which remains under investigation, goes to trial.